Thursday, October 1, 2009

Silver Boutique and Restaurant; Depasco, September 23rd

After spending the morning in a tutorial class and at one of Gray’s casting sessions, Gray and I decided that we needed a reward, and a chance to drink to some of the week’s little successes. We head off to Silver Boutique and Restaurant which, as I’ve mentioned, I’ve been wanting to try since I saw it’s impressively understated exterior a while back. Unfortunately, it’s not suited to this morning’s objectives: there are no breakfast or light lunch options, with the menu tending toward slightly overpriced sushi and large, asian-inspired dinners. To add to this, we’re told that the menu is not in its completed form – it’s currently sheets of paper clipped together, but after some revision will apparently be ready for business. That said, I’m in no way giving up on the place; the interior has a pleasantly cool, minimalistic feel and the wine list is diverse, I spotted Grey Goose vodka behind the bar counter, and the staff are nothing if not optimistic. I’ll definitely be back to give the place a proper try.

Disappointed, Gray and I knew what to do. We headed across the road to old favourite, Depasco, and commenced drinking as intended. As promised, I try a sandwich: Gray and I share one of their new additions to the menu – butternut, sundried tomatoes and feta with a balsamic vinaigrette on ciabatta (R30). We both feel pretty satisfied, so it would be quite a meal for one.

Sitting in the sun, we flip through Depasco’s impressive selection of glossy magazines. We read about the , we talk about how the recession hasn’t affected us much at all, we drink to good English marks and quitting a job and the recovery of a long-lost notebook, and we talk about the things we’re going to achieve. We’re happy.

Later, the two of us will attend a twenty-first and we’ll fight. Gray will leave without saying goodbye, and leaving me without a lift, and I’ll fight with Donnie too because I’m upset. Later, I’ll feel sad about the friends I’ve drifted away from since school, and I’ll feel like it’s happening again, fast. Later, I’ll feel like things are breaking down, but here, now, sitting in the sun, I’m happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers